I posted already about preparing my ERTL Blade Runner Deckard’s Car car for a custom version.
This is what the car looks like out of the box (or card). These are fairly rare these days and sell for about $25.00 and up, depending on condition.
Now you know Deckard didn’t have a big honkin’ “Blade Runner” logo on the back of his car, nor was it metallic brown.
Here is the box cover of the recent Fujimi model kit of the car in 1:25 scale. (I have this kit and will probably do something with it this winter.)
So here it is, finished.
- I painted the car a slightly rusty orange.
- I painted the door bumpers black.
- I cut out the thick vertical window posts.
- I printed front orange curved lights over the bumpers. Due to the shape, I had to chisel out some space in the inside bumper
- I painted the interior tan and black.
- I put decals on the dashboard.
- I painted silver detailing.
- I printed custom headlight decals.
- I printed custom decals for the 56 on the front bumper and the rear side.
- I printed custom POLICE decals for the angled front sides.
- I printed a decal for the top circle.
- I painted tail lights.
- I cut a small bit of glossy cardboard from a product package, scored it and painted it silver for the windshield guard.